zaterdag 7 september 2013

#FridayReads: September 7th, 2013

FridayReads is a hashtag over on Twitter where people share what they'll be reading over the weekend. I thought it would be nice to bring that hashtag over to my blog, so this way I can share what I'm reading and provide a little more text along with it.
 
By now, I think everyone knows I'm not the best at consistently putting out some blogpost, let alone make FridayReads a weekly thing - or even a Fridaything for that matter. It's been two months, but here is once again what I'll be reading for the remainder of the weekend. Having finished the brilliant Pale Demon by Kim Harrison - the ninth en best entry in the Hollows series so far - I picked up The Book Of Lost Things by John Connolly.
I got this book as a monthly themed gift from Jeremy over at Inklingstime for the 'Books about books' theme. Coincidently, the theme for thins month's challenge at my bookclub, is also 'Books about books'. What better book to read than this one?
I have never read something from the hand of John Connolly, so if this happens to turn out rather good, I'll definitely buy some of his other works. Some googling have taught me that he has a rather interesting supernatural thriller series going on, which I'm all too willing to check out.
The Book Of Lost Things is anything but that, however. From what I've gathered from the blurb, this is a novel where fairy tales play a very prominent role. I'm curious, to say the least, to see how all of this will turn out, cause instead of the sugary sweetness one has come to expect from faity tales, this one sounds rather creepy...

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten