vrijdag 8 augustus 2014

#FridayReads: August 8th, 2014

FridayReads is a hashtag over on Twitter where people share what they'll be reading over the weekend. I thought it would be nice to bring that hashtag over to my blog, so this way I can share what I'm reading and provide a little more text along with it.

For the past week, I've been steadily making progress in the 8th installment of The Dresden Files by Jim Butcher. This is one of those Urban Fantasy series that start of quite ok - though not stellar - but get better with every new book in the series. This time round, in Proven Guilty Dresden gets confronted with spiritual beings who pose as serial killers from movies and feed on the fear they induce in people. Needless to say that their victims don't feel all that well after such confrontation. Also, the Faerie make another appearance. That made me totally giddy cause the fourth book, wich centered around the Faerie Courts of Summer and Winter, was amazing and made me fall in love with the Faeries. So I am really glad they pay Dresden another visit. I am about 70% in, so this wil definitely be finished during the weekend and will mark another great entry in what is turning out to be one of the best UF series I've read.


While my huge stack of library books had diminished to almost nothing, there were still some lying around, so I decided to pick up World War Z by Max Brooks. I've only read the first chapter or so, so I'm in no position really to say anything of substance about it. What I can say, however, is that the writing style is interesting to say the least. The book's subtitle is 'An oral history of the zombie war' and that is a title that's really fitting. This book is like a compilation of conversations/interviews with different survivors of said zombie war. Not that easy to read since the narrative isn't really flowing, but it's far from boring either. Curious to see where this is all going.


So, what are you reading? Feel free to share your books down below in the comments.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten