zaterdag 18 mei 2013

#FridayReads: May 17th, 2013

FridayReads is a hashtag over on Twitter where people share what they'll be reading over the weekend. I thought it would be nice to bring that hashtag over to my blog, so this way I can share what I'm reading and provide a little more text along with it.
 
As you might have figured out by now, #FridayReads (or perhaps #SaturdayReads, so it seems) isn't a weekly thing here at The Paper Dragon. The reason for this is, I just don't want to bore you with posting the same book every week. I mostly read two books at the same time (*); one when I'm on the train and the other one at home, before I go to sleep. In doing so, the trainbook just sleeps the weekend away in my bag and the bedbook experiences slow progress because of my sleepy head. So you can see how my weekend don't see different books all that often.
However, I did manage to finally finish the second book in Terry Goodkind's Sword Of Truth series, Stone Of Tears, which made me really happy (**). You can expect a little something on this in Serial Reading.

The book I now picked up, is the second/third (***) Raymond Feist's Riftwar Saga, Silverthorn. The story picks up a little after where Magician left us and centers around the Princes rather than Pug and Tomas. Even though I like Pug and Tomas a great deal, I appreciate the shift in focus. The Princes Lyam and Arutha were always more of a side-character rather than taking the spotlight, so it's only right to let them shine. Especially Arutha, really liking his character. Seems like we're heading for a great adventure with him! Fans of Jimmy The Hand won't be disappointed either, and I count myself member of that group, for his time on the page must have surpassed .
I'm already 1/3 into this and quite enjoying this. Perhaps I'll finish it this weekend, perhaps not, we'll see.


 
 
* Well, not really at the exact same time. Would be cool though.
** You would be two if you planned to power through it - since it was a reread, the fifth one - in a week, of two max, but it turned out to be a month and then some.
*** I'm not really sure on this one. I guess it's the third since Magician is split into two, even though I have one big monstrous volume - as it was originally intended. Hurts my head to think about it too much...

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten